Connecting the Buddha’s wisdom with the teachings of Don Juan, Carlos Castaneda’s infamous Yaqui shaman, Jack explores how to become a spiritual warrior.
Learn the Dynamic Art of Guided Meditation in this Masterclass with Jack Kornfield! Sign up for the live version this November to take part in two live Q&A sessions with Jack!
“There’s a mysterious beauty that surrounds those individuals who live their lives as warriors, as men or women of knowledge.” – Jack Kornfield
In this episode, Jack mindfully illuminates:
- How Buddha’s factors of enlightenment (qualities of awakening) connect with Don Juan, Carlos Castaneda’s infamous teacher and Yaqui shaman and sorcerer
- Don Juan’s wisdom of the ‘Way of the Warrior’ in relation to Buddhism
- The qualities of living as a spiritual warrior: impeccability/wholeness, wise effort/energy, courage/investigation, controlled-folly (play/lightness), strength/concentration, and steadfastness/unshakeableness
- Shamanism and cutting through our sense of separation into the root of consciousness
- Finding inner-freedom by learning how to stop our internal dialogue
This from 12/31/1983 at Insight Meditation Society was originally published on DharmaSeed.
“The basic difference between an ordinary person and a warrior is that a warrior takes everything as a challenge, while an ordinary person takes everything as a blessing or a curse.” – Carlos Castaneda (Author of The Teachings of Don Juan: A Yaqui Way of Knowledge)
About Jack Kornfield:
Jack Kornfield trained as a Buddhist monk in the monasteries of Thailand, India, and Burma, studying as. a monk under the Buddhist master Ven. Ajahn Chah, as well as the Ven. Mahasi Sayadaw. He has taught meditation internationally since 1974 and is one of the key teachers to introduce Buddhist mindfulness practice to the West. Jack co-founded the Insight Meditation Society in Barre, Massachusetts, with fellow meditation teachers Sharon Salzberg and Joseph Goldstein and the Spirit Rock Center in Woodacre, California. His books have been translated into 20 languages and sold more than a million copies.
Dive into Jack’s ongoing dharma offerings and transformational online courses on the new JackKornfield.com
Listen to more from Jack:
Tune into Ep. 109 of Heart Wisdom: This Too Shall Pass
Learn about Living with a Peaceful Heart in Ep. 91 of Heart Wisdom
Check out Ep. 90 of Heart Wisdom to learn about Healing Through Loving Awareness
Listen to more Stories That Open the Mind, Mend the Heart and Lead to Joy with Jack Kornfield in Ep.92 of Heart Wisdom
Tune into Ep. 102 of Heart Wisdom: The Wisdom of the One Who Knows
Check out Ep. 1 of Heart Wisdom to gain wisdom on Impermanence
Photo via Chubbster