*this page may contain affiliate links, which means I will make a small commission for products purchased through my link.
This gorgeous green Matcha Martini Mocktail is a healthier non-alcoholic twist for adults that’s citrusy, grassy, bright, and antioxidant-rich.
It’s no secret that I’m a matcha lover. I start almost every day with a warm, frothy matcha latte. And since I’ve been trying more non-alcoholic sports and mocktails lately, I thought I’d make an alcohol-free version of a Matcha Martini. This drink is refreshing and beautiful in color, with a hint of sweetness. Whether or not you’re avoiding alcohol, you’ll love this sophisticated sip!
Ingredients for Matcha Martini Mocktails
The ingredients for this alcohol-free drink are very similar to a classic martini. Here’s what you need:
- Matcha powder. I recommend a high-quality ceremonial grade matcha. This is my favorite, it’s creamier and sweeter than cheaper, more bitter options.
- Non-alcoholic gin. This adds the classic piney flavor to your gin martini.
- Citrus juice. Lime and lemon both work well.
- Sweetener. You can make your own simple syrup and cool it down or use maple syrup.
- Fresh mint for garnish on your glass.
Tips for Making Matcha Mocktails
Aside from choosing a high-quality matcha, there are a few keys to making sure your cocktail comes out with great flavor, texture and color.
First, whisking and sifting the tea is important to remove any clumps. This also allows the matcha to hydrate fully for the best flavor.
To prepare your matcha, you can use a small bowl. Of course, a matcha bowl is the perfect size and shape. Plus it has a little spout for easy pouring. I also recommend a bamboo whisk to really break up any clumps and help the matcha get a little frothy. If you’re curious and want to learn more about everything you need to make perfect matcha at home, start with my guide.
Do I Need Non-Alcoholic Gin?
You can also make these drinks without the non-alcoholic gin if you prefer. Note that it will still be a lovely and refreshing drink, it’s just not going to taste much like a martini. If you’re looking for a great spirit-free gin, my personal favorite is Lyre’s brand or Ritual Zero Proof.
Big-Batch Martini Mocktails
This recipe makes 1 large mocktail. However, to serve a crowd, you can simply scale the recipe up. Serve it in a pitcher for a party drink no one will expect.
More Matcha Drink Recipes
If you make a Matcha Martini Mocktail, be sure to let me know what you think with a comment below!
This Matcha Martini Mocktail is a refreshing and bright non-alcoholic drink with premium matcha, citrus and maple syrup.
- 1 1/2 tsp ceremonial grade matcha powder
- 2 tbsp hot water
- 1 oz non-alcoholic “gin” (Lyre’s/Ritual)
- 1/2 lemon or lime, juiced
- 1–2 tsp simple syrup or maple syrup
- mint, for garnish
- First prepare your matcha by sifting into a small bowl, adding hot water and whisking until smooth and frothy.
- Next, in a shaker, combine matcha and all remaining ingredients (except ice and mint). Shake well to incorporate. Add ice, and shake again, vigorously.
- To serve, strain and gently pour into a glass. Garnish with a mint leaf if desired.